Saturday, October 28, 2006

Rhinebeck: Part Three

Yes, more Rhinebeck purchases.

This is Lorna's Laces in Goldhill and Black Purl. I love them! Black Purl caught my eye first, but I almost didn't find the second skein.

It is a rainy, windy, yucky day. I just battled our two greyhounds to get them outside to quickly pee.



Anyhoo, I neatened up my craft room and now I am going to attempt my very first toe up sock pattern using Wendy's tips from Knitty and Wendy's pattern from her blog. I wound up my Thistle Sock Candy. It is beautiful! Wish me luck! :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You brought home a GREAT haul from Rhinebeck! I used the Black Purl to make my Clapotis! It's pretty wonderful to work with. Good luck on the socks - I love toe up patterns - the Widdershins from Knitty.com is also a great pattern. I'm not, however, a fan of the short row heel - I can never seem to get it quite right. I'm happier with the flap heel.

Let's hope this wind calms down soon!