Saturday, November 08, 2008

New Project!

I took a class from my LYS last Monday.  It is the Bartholomew's Tantalizing Socks from Cat Bordhi's New Pathways for Sock Knitters.  Cat Bordhi is simply amazing.  I can't even begin to think about how her brain works.  I have had this book since shortly after it came out.  I have been waiting for a class because it seemed a little much to figure out on my own.  I am hoping one class will help me understand the basics of the book and then I can apply those concepts to any pattern.  I hope! :) 

The book is divided into the basic sock architectures.  You first knit a baby sock to practice that sock architecture technique and then you knit adult size socks.  

I am knitting the Little Sky as my learning sock on size 5 (dpn) needles with Mountain Colors left over from my very first pair of socks.  We needed to be ready to start the heel at the next class and I am all ready!

Then, I am knitting the Bartholomew's Tantalizing Socks (which needs a nickname because man, that's a lot to type!) on size ones (2 circs) with Lorna's Laces Black Pearl.  This is my first time using Lorna's Laces.  The colors are gorgeous and I can't wait to see how it knits up.  I have completed my cast on and one row.

This is a pretty cool way to kit socks---both London and I will end up with a pair!!!

No comments: