Thursday, February 22, 2007

Vacation

My husband and I took the week off to do some home improvement projects.

On Monday we installed a microwave/hood over the stove. Of course, it ended up taking all day. We had electrical issues and re-routed the electric. Then, there was not enough clearance between the bottom of the microwave and the top of the stove, so we raised the cabinet three inches. Nothing is ever easy! Monday marked the third anniversary of the closing of our house. Where does the time go?

On Tuesday, we demo-ed the masterbath. We took out the cabinet and the vanity. Again, not as easy as it sounds. Let's just say the saws-all is our friend. We then hit several stores and finally settled on a light that we like.

On Wednesday, my father joined us. We installed the new vanity cabinet and marble counter top to discover that both the wall is crooked and the vanity was cut at an angle. After much debating and processing, my husband cut the sheet rock and slid the uneven part of the counter top into the wall. We also installed the light and fixed the overhead light that hasn't worked since we moved in.

We are currently taking a quick lunch break. I also have LOTS of knitting news and will post again with knitting content.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I need to sit down and put my feet up after reading this post. I'm exhausted from all your hard work.