Sunday, November 05, 2006

WIP update

I want to get myself in the habit of, about once a month, listing my WIPs. OK, so here goes . . .


I am actively working on my 2 socks on 2 circular needles for my class. I am using Cherry Tree Hill yarn (from my stash!) for the first time. I like it! I want to do one inch per day. I have knit one inch and I need 7 inches before my next class on November 18th.



I am also actively working on my Wendy Knits toe up Sock Candy socks. I also want to knit an inch a day on these. I am learning short row heels in my sock class on the 14th and I want to be ready to do the heels on these when I come home from that class.

I am semi-actively working on my Debbie Bliss "Lara" sweater in purple Cashmerino Aran. Very yummy! This is my first sweater. I started this in a class last fall and put it down until about a month ago. It would be nice to be able to wear it this year.

The following projects I have not worked on at all for quite awhile:
  • shrug for my mom
  • baby sweater
  • cabled purse (with only one handle and finishing left!)
  • illusion knitting tote bag
  • 2 hand 2 color headband
  • cabled mittens
  • crocheted market bag (although I did work on this 2 weeks ago)

I think that is everything.

My game plan . . . after I finish these two pairs of socks I want to finish the shrug and purse. They are both pretty close to be doing done and I need to commit to them and finish! Of course, I want to keep Lara going, too.

I want to start some scarves for Christmas presents. I also want to knit a pair of Fiber Trends felted clogs for my husband for Christmas.

Yesterday, I saw an awesome felted bag at my LYS. One of the women that work there combined three patterns and she is in the process of writing it up. When she does, I want to use my stash to make it. It is like one of those oversized, weekend-type bags that have been in magazines a lot lately.

1 comment:

Holly Jo said...

Have you knit those fiber trend clogs before? They go quick, but ugh is it a finicky knit. Pay attention - no TV watching. :)