Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Knitting Right Along . . .

Any ideas on the musical reference in the title? "Moving right along in search of good times and good news with good friends you can't loose, hitch hike, bus or yellow cab it . . . moving right along" If my memory serves me I quoted it right! :)

Anyhoo, I am working on my 2 socks on 2 circs for class. I have both heels done and need to knit 7 3/4" by class on Saturday in preparation for the toe decreases. I am between 3 and 4 inches.

Last night I started a baby hat from some left over sock yarn. I was soooo annoyed because it took me FOUR tries to join my knitting into a circle without twisting. It was really ridiculous! After the third time I literally screamed. The whole thing has bad karma/vibes/whatever. It is for my co-worker who is due next week. I had been asking for months if and when we were doing a baby shower at work and anyone I ever asked didn't know. Well, one day I asked and my supervisor said "Oh that was last Wednesday." I saw RED. I wasn't invited. I was supervised by this woman for over a year, I'm still under her and in her division, a group of us (including her and I) go out to dinner every month for two years, she has been to my home, etc, etc, etc. I was absolutely fuming and felt like such a jerk for not being there or at least sending a gift. Also, it was a surprise shower so it isn't like they consulted the guest of honor on who to invite. So, anyways I am having dinner with her on Thursday night and will explain to her then that I am sorry I wasn't there, but it couldn't have been helped. In the meantime I need to think really positive thoughts while knitting her gift because it is has had a REALLY rough start. :)

Oh, and my dogs . . . some days they are cuter than other days. Today they are very cute. :)

No comments: