I loved this project! This is the Wonderful Wallaby made in a size 4 which is the Willie size. Started March 7, 2009 and completed April 2, 2009. If you have been reading my blog for any length of time you know this is a lightening fast project for me!! :)
I used Malabrigo merino worsted in the color Pimenton. The color is kind of a rusty orange. Gorgeous!! I had the yarn in my stash for a few years from a 20% off sale waiting for the right project. It used three full skeins with the tiniest bit left over. I started getting nervous that I was going to run out of yarn towards the end.
The Malabrigo is a slight think and thin and seems a little thicker then worsted weight to me. The sweater seems larger than a size 4 which is fine. Better too big than too small! I planned on London wearing it next fall and winter, but it will probably still be too big on him.
I went down a needle size and used 5's for the ribbing, 7's for the body, and 6's for the sleeves. I was afraid I would have hugely puffy sleeves so I went down two needle sizes.
I found on Ravelry an alternate method for putting on the pouch that uses yarn overs from a new skein of yarn. I will be trying this the next time I make it because I had some difficulty with the pouch.
I took a class at Saratoga Needle Arts to make the sweater. Besides paying for the class, I used everything that I already owned to make the sweater. Yea!! :)