Monday, January 01, 2007

A Week of Christmas

This year Christmas went from Christmas Eve straight through New Year's Day. We went to my parent's three times, visited with my brother's family who were in town, saw my husband's parents, both of my husband's sisters' families, celebrated my brother-in-law's 40th birthday, and went to my sister's family to exchange gifts with them. Plus I worked Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Sunday. We still have one more family to coordinate with. Every year I wonder why I don't take the year off between Christmas and New Year's Day. And every year I promise myself that next year I will. Then I always forget. Maybe I'll get it right in 2007!

I finished (on time, no less) my mother's and my mother-in-law's scarves. They both said that they LOVED them. :) I am thinking about using the left over skein of yarn and attempting my first pair of fingerless gloves for my mother. I saw a simple pattern on Knit and Tonic for them.

I received four knitting books. Both of the one skein books. One is the older one with the green ball of yarn on the front. The other is the one that is a compilation of all the patterns that yarn stores give out with a purchase of yarn. I also got my first Elizabeth Zimmerman book and the Sensational Sock book.

I also received 2 sets of size 1 and size 3 circular needles from Knit Picks for knitting two socks on two circs. I also got some of those little plastic things that you put on the tips of needles to prevent them from falling off.

We gave our niece everything she needs to make one of the Noni bags. I got her started on Christmas Day and I am anxious to see how it is coming along. I taught her how to knit last Christmas and now I give her a "project" and the knitting lessons to go with it each birthday/holiday. She spent a month and a half crocheting an afghan for her mother's Christmas present. I can't wait to see it!

My sister-in-law wants to set a day and go to the yarn store and do the same thing with her---help her pick out a project and yarn and then get her started while drinking coffee. Twist my arm!! :)

I'd say it was a good knitting holiday.

1 comment:

Holly Jo said...

Hooray for teaching people to knit!