Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Argosy Scarf & Knitting Retreat

Last night I took a class at Saratoga Needle Arts on the Arogosy Scarf from Knitty Winter 2006. It is a scarf knit on the bias with a bit of lace touches. It is very geometric and that really appealed to me. How often is our knitting geometric? I am using stash yarn from Rhinebeck. Blue Moon Fiber Arts Seduction colorway Saratoga. I LOVE it! The pattern takes some thinking while getting started, but I am hoping that once I have it set up, it will be good TV knitting.




A couple of us are going to a knitting retreat on Lake George in June. It is at Wiawaka. I met the woman putting it together on Sunday at SNA's open house. It is Friday evening to Sunday noon June 8-10 and is a very informal knitting weekend. No classes or anything. Just a community of women knitting together in the beautiful Adirondacks on a gorgeous lake. And that Sunday is my birthday! What could be better? If you want more info or are interested in going, shoot me an email at knittingknirvana at yahoo dot com.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE that yarn! I would definitely consider the Lake George weekend! I'll send you my email address for the details!

Anonymous said...

The yarn is very pretty. I just might be interested in an informal knitting retreat. Can you send me details: Frenzzee@hotmail(dot)com.

Holly Jo said...

Wow! How did I miss that pattern? It will be GORGEOUS in that yarn! Great pick. Hope you love knitting it, and I can't wait to see the end result.